Electric Vehicle In Home Charging Program
Electric Vehicle In-Home Charging Program
Save Money Every Time You Plug In Your Car!
Charge your Electric Vehicle (EV) with 100% renewable energy in the convenience of your home! Elk River Municipal Utilities now offers an EV charging program that features an affordable time-of-use (TOU) rate. To save even more money, residential customers can also take advantage of a $500 rebate towards the purchase and installation of a 240 volt EV charger.
This program is available to electric ERMU customers who own an electrically powered vehicle used for on road transportation. Charging of the vehicle can occur at any time but will be subject to "on-peak" and "off-peak" energy charges per hour daily. Off peak hours typically occur between 11:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m.
Customer Program Requirements:
- Customer will purchase 240 volt electric vehicle charging station that is used for the sole purpose of charging on road vehicles.
- Customer is responsible for the purchase and installation of a 200 amp bypass meter socket in a mutually agreed upon location.
- Inspection by State Certified electrical inspector of all metering equipment is required before meter will be installed by ERMU.
ERMU Will Provide:
- All "on-peak" electric energy consumed by the electric vehicle charging equipment will be at the summer rate of $.1370 kWh for the five monthly billing periods of June - October, and the winter rate of $.1215 kWh for the seven monthly billing periods of November - May.
- All "off-peak" electric energy consumed by the electric vehicle charging equipment will be at the rate of $.0602 kWh.
- The rate is subject to application of any Power Cost Adjustments (PCA)
- The equipment will be available for charging at applicable rates 24 hours per day and is not subject to any load control strategies.
- Metering equipment to customer.
- Final inspection prior to meter activation to ensure only qualified loads are being supplied through the electric vehicle charging equipment.
For more information about our Electric Vehicle Charging Program, please contact Tom Sagstetter at 763.441.2020
Electric Vehicle Handbook
2018 Electric Vehicle Charger Installation Rebate Application