Smart Irrigation Controller Rebate
Elk River Municipal Utilities water customers with in-ground irrigation systems are eligible to receive a rebate of up to 50%, not to exceed $250, for the installation of an approved "smart" irrigation system controller. Smart controllers are irrigation timers that automatically adjust watering times based on weather conditions to provide optimal moisture for healthy plants and lawns, all while conserving water. The following criteria must be met in order to qualify for the rebate. Rebate will be given in the form of a credit on utility bill.
- SMART CONTROLLER (Must meet all criteria)
- Irrigation Association Certified
- Soak & Cycle, vegetation type & soil settings for each zone
- Linked local weather (55330) to weather station, or an ET water server (WeatherTRAK ET etc…)
- Installed & programmed by irrigation specialist – Please do not water during daylight hours. Check your system monthly to ensure heads are spraying properly.
*2015 List of Approved SMART CONTROLLERS*
WeatherMatic SL1600 – meets all requirements (full rebate)
Rain Bird – SST Model with Smart Weather Sensor - Calculations must be completed via Rain Bird website & applied to controller (not to exceed 35 minutes per zone in 24 hour period), as not all requirements are made with controller (full rebate potential, extra steps necessary, please contact ERMU prior to installation or some requirements may be missed).
Hunter Controller with Solar Sync Sensors - (please contact ERMU prior to installation or some requirements may be missed).
Ranchio Iro Smart - (please contract ERMU prior to installation or some requirements may be missed).
For other controllers that meet the listed criteria, please call our offices before purchasing, to be sure all criteria are met. In the case that new/advanced models are available by retailers, please be sure to verify their approval with us.
- IRRIGATION INSPECTION
- Entire irrigated area must be reviewed & deemed “good” by an irrigation contractor
- Sprinkler heads must be checked & corrected, if needed, for optimal water savings by a certified irrigation technician
*Please have your irrigation technician communicate with Elk River Municipal Utilities prior to your installation/system adjustment to ensure maximum water savings and following through with Smart Rebate criteria.
3. SMART IRRIGATION REBATE APPLICATION
1. Complete application & return to our offices
2. Attend inspection with ERMU staff
Upon approval of your smart irrigation rebate application, you'll receive a rebate of up to 50%, not to exceed $250, for the installation of an approved "smart" irrigation system controller. Rebate will be given in the form of a credit on utility bill.
If you have any questions, please call our office at 763.441.2020.